"If you will faithfully
follow the instructions, beginning with the introductory
lesson, you will without doubt acquire correct physical
fitness with proper mental control" Joseph Pilates
As a financial commitment is required before you join a class we regularly hold 2 hour workshops at the end of which you will be able to
- State facts about the life and work of Joseph and Clara Pilates
- Explain the link between Peak Pilates, Joseph Pilates and Classical Pilates UK
- Explain the differences between Classical Pilates and Pilates based programmes
- Analyse your own postural type
- Feel the Pilates critical connections and anchor points in your body
- Experience an introductory Classical Pilates Matwork class
This is effectively a taster session and it is not possible in 2 hours for an individual to take on all the concepts required to move to a mixed ability group. It will allow you to decide if you want to commit to the Classical Pilates process and change your mind and body by joining a foundation class or taking one to one tuition.
You will be given a handout listing the Classical Pilates concepts covered and a list suggesting appropriate reading and DVD/video material. The cost includes a small mat.